You’re probably thinking, why on earth do I need a video? I have a website, I have my social media accounts and I have my blog posts. What more can I possibly give?
Since the introduction of video-sharing websites such as YouTube in 2005 and the popularity of camera phones, videos have become an integral part of life. From viral cat videos to advertising campaigns, there is no easier way to reach the masses than producing a video.
And video doesn’t have to be boring. The use of story-telling and creativity can be powerful tools to ensure your video’s success in engaging viewers. Videos have become a popular format to not only entertain, but to explain. Here’s why we think you would benefit from an explainer video.
- Explainer videos ENGAGE. In a world where attention spans are limited to 140 words or less, videos are a great way to package everything you want to say within a short time span.[pexvimeo pex_attr_src=”https://vimeo.com/124317310″ pex_attr_width=”500″][/pexvimeo]
Ever wanted to know what exactly is a Credit Union? Check out this video we made for CUCollaborate.
- Videos done well INSPIRE. Good videos can generate buzz and help you rank better on a Google Search.
- They are VISUAL. Human Beings are visual creatures, and we like things that are appealing to the eye. A video can be a great way to do that. [pexvimeo pex_attr_src=”https://vimeo.com/153021266″ pex_attr_width=”500″][/pexvimeo]
At The Duke and The Duck we animate logos as well, they can be a great finishing touch to a video.
- Videos help you tell your STORY. As mentioned in How to Find Your Story Behind Your Brand, a video is a part of brand storytelling.
- Last but most importantly, a video is easy to UNDERSTAND. Some words can get lost in translation when reading a huge block of text. A video can ensure that whatever story you have to tell, it will be told in an engaging, simple manner.